Gilroy Police Department

Gilroy Fire Department Calls For Evacuation, Shelter in Place Due to Chlorine Gas Spill

The Gilroy Fire Department has evacuated some residents and told others to shelter in place in the 1100 block of Montebello Drive due to a chlorine gas spill, according to the Gilroy Police Department.

The residents affected have already been alerted and authorities are asking the general public to avoid the area for the next several hours, as it will take time for the gas to dissolve to a safe level.

No further information was available as of 1:45 p.m.

Copyright BAYCN - Bay City News
Contact Us