Menlo Park Fire officials are investigating a possible hazardous material situation at a Veteran Affairs medical facility in Menlo Park.
Officials said three people were overcome by fumes after entering an apartment in the residential facility for veterans.
A cleaning crew discovered chemicals and fell ill after noticing a strong odor coming from a locked cabinet inside the apartment, officials said.
The person who previously lived in the apartment had been evicted from the facility, according to officials, but no other information was immediately available.
The officials responded to the location at 605 Willow Rd. at 11:46 a.m.
Refresh this page for more on this breaking news story.