With temperatures reaching or approaching triple digits across the Bay Area over the Labor Day weekend, some regions will open cooling centers for residents vulnerable to the excessive heat.
The centers will be limited in capacity due to the current COVID-19 public health orders, and health screenings will be conducted before people are allowed to enter.
Alameda County cooling centers open Saturday-Monday:
- Dublin Senior Center, 7600 Amador Valley Blvd, Dublin, noon-8 p.m.
- Robert Livermore Community Center, 4444 East Ave, Livermore, noon-5 p.m.
Santa Clara County cooling centers open Saturday-Monday:
- Centennial Recreation Center, 171 W. Edmundson Ave., Morgan Hill, noon-5 p.m.
- Cupertino Senior Center, 21251 Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino, Sunday-Monday, 1-8 p.m.
- Mountain View Community Center, 201 South Rengstorff Ave., Mountain View, Sunday-Monday, 1-7 p.m.
- Roosevelt Community Center, 901 E. Santa Clara St., San Jose, Sunday-Monday, 1-9 p.m.
- Mayfair Community Center, 2039 Kammerer Ave., San Jose, Sunday-Monday, 1-9 p.m.
- Southside Community Center, 5585 Cottle Road, San Jose, Sunday-Monday, 1-9 p.m.
- Santa Clara Senior Center, 1303 Fremont St., Santa Clara, Saturday-Monday, 1-6 p.m.
- Murphy Park Building, 260 N. Sunnyvale Ave., Sunnyvale, Sunday-Monday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- MIlpitas Sports Center, 1325 E. Calaveras Blvd., Saturday-Monday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Gilroy Library, 350 W. Sixth St., Gilroy, Saturday-Monday, noon-6 p.m.
For more information on how to stay cool, visit bit.ly/heatsafetytipsSCC.
San Francisco cooling centers:
- Main Library, 100 Larkin St., Saturday-Monday, 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Mission Library, 300 Bartlett St., Saturday-Monday, 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Chinatown Library, 1135 Powell St., Saturday-Monday, 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Southest Community Facility, 1800 Oakdale Ave., Saturday-Monday, 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
San Mateo County cooling centers:
- Community Room, City Hall, 2415 University Ave., East Palo Alto, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Senior Center, 2645 Alameda de las Pulgas, San Mateo, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- King Community Center, 725 Monte Diablo, San Mateo, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- For more information on how to stay safe during the heat wave and to avoid heat-related illness, visit www.CDC.gov/ExtremeHeat
Marin County cooling centers open Sunday-Monday:
- San Rafael Community Center, 618 B Street, San Rafael, 3-7 p.m.
- Margaret Todd Senior Center, 1560 Hill Road, Novato, 3-7 p.m.
- Mill Valley Community Center, 180 Camino Alto, Mill Valley, 3-7 p.m.
Solano County cooling centers:
- County public libraries during normal operating hours (no pets). Find locations and hours here.