With temperatures reaching into the upper 90s and triple digits in some areas, counties around the Bay Area are opening cooling centers for those who need to escape the heat.
All of the cooling centers are abiding by county public health orders in place due to the coronavirus, and anyone who has been exposed to or is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 should not go to a cooling center.
Santa Clara County
Here's a list of cooling centers that will be open Tuesday, June 2 and Wednesday, June 3 in San Jose. The cooling centers will be open from 1 to 7 p.m.
- Mayfair Community Center; 2039 Kammerer Ave. San José
- Camden Community Center; 3369 Union Ave. San José
- Seven Trees Community Center; 3590 Cas Dr. San José
- Roosevelt Community Center; 901 E. Santa Clara St. San José
- Cypress Community Center; 403 Cypress Ave. San José
Here's a list of cooling centers that will be open Wednesday, June 3 in Santa Clara County. The cooling centers will be open from 1 to 6 p.m., unless otherwise noted:
- Rec Room at Murphy Park, 260 N. Sunnyvale Ave., Sunnyvale (Tuesday and Wednesday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Saratoga Library; 13650 Saratoga Avenue, Saratoga
- Gilroy Library; 350 W 6th., Gilroy
- Morgan Hill Library; 660 W. Main St., Morgan Hill
Officials say due to COVID-19 county health orders, capacity will be limited at the cooling centers. Residents who visit a cooling center must follow all county guidelines, including social distancing and wearing a face mask. For more information, visit the Santa Clara County's Emergency Department.
Contra Costa County
The following cooling center will be open Wednesday, June 3 from 1 to 6 p.m.:
- Concord Senior Center, 2727 Parkside Circle in John Baldwin Park, Concord