New content labels show what you can expect before clicking on the article or the video. These labels make it clear whether the article is accompanied by a video on the same topic or whether it’s text only. We’ve also added a news widget that previews today’s top stories right on your device’s home screen.
We know how important it is to have an accurate forecast to plan your day and week – we’ve updated the weather screen, which had trouble loading content in the earlier version of the app. We’ve also improved the screen reader and the app’s navigation to provide a better experience for users who are blind or visually impaired.
Our app was built in-house by the NBCUniversal Local team. These latest updates are based on our readers’ feedback and comments, which help us improve the app’s design and functionality.
Get a weekly recap of the latest San Francisco Bay Area housing news. Sign up for NBC Bay Area’s Housing Deconstructed newsletter.
If you already have the app, please update it. To download the app, visit the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Don't forget to rate our app in the app store and send us your feedback to KNTVdigitalfeedback@nbcuni.com.
Here’s a list of our mobile app’s features:
- Dark mode support for all pages
- Latest news feed: Lists articles in reverse chronological order
- A news widget lets you see today’s top stories on your home screen
- Content labels indicate what you can expect before clicking on an article or video
- Home page improvements: Page will transform based on changes in the news cycle, with different states to highlight the most important information on every visit
- Alerts inbox: Users can now delete stories already read or keep them to review later
- Reading experience: Users can easily swipe left and right to see new stories
- New video hub highlights make it easy for users to watch a series of videos back-to-back
- Videos are organized by both category and recency
- Customized experience: Users can now customize the weather page, deciding what information they first see when visiting the weather section
- More detailed forecast: The forecast now includes new data points such as dew point, UV Index and more
- Improved radar experience: The radar will now expand fullscreen, hiding most interface elements to give the user the biggest map area possible
- Weather alerts: Users can subscribe to alerts, including precipitation alerts, for every location.