An estimated 9,000 Pokemon Go players gathered late Wednesday in San Francisco in a hunt to "catch them all."
An event page that was started on Facebook over two weeks ago has over 8.9K accepted RSVP’s and 28,714 interested users for the so-called Pokemon Go crawl.
The crawl started at 6 p.m. at Dolores Park, then moved over the Embarcadero spanning across the piers, according to the Facebook post.
Here's a list of locations hosting special activities, food specials, dance parties, raffles and giveaways during the event:
- The Razer Store located at the Westfield San Francisco Centre will have giveaways of their new Nabu Wearables, gaming hardware, logo patches, and iPhone 6 cases. The store will also be hosting an off-site costume contest. To win, post your picture on Instagram with your best gear and use the hashtag #pokecrawlsf and #Razer for a chance to win Nabu Wearable gear.
- SoMa StrEat Food Park will have food trucks and bars open with a reserved "barn" space just for Pokemon Go players. Raffles will be held throughout the night for all game users as well as a Pokemon themed dance party.
- The Myriad Market Hall will provide several charging stations for trainers losing battery life on their phones.
- Antonik's BBQ will be serving $10 plates and sandwiches for all Pokemon Go trainers.
- The Myriad Market Hall will be hosting a variety of food deals based on the level and and Pokemon the player has caught. For those who are running out of battery on their cell phones can use one of their charging stations while they have a Pokemon themed drink with delicious food. Their deals include $10 Pokedelish bowls for level 10 and above and a free drink with a Pokedelish bowl for level 12 and above. The Myriad will also be giving away a free glass of champagne to players with a Snorlax, $6 Bloody Mary or Mimosa to trainers with an Aerodactyl and those in team Valor can get a Chai Latte (hot or iced) for $4.
- Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream will be at one of the start locations handing out free ice-cream to Pokemon game users.
- Lyft is offering a 20% off code to and from Dolores Park, StrEat Food Park, The Myriad, 18th and Mission and Harry Bridges Plaza. Simply use the code "SFOPOKEGO" to get a discounted ride from 5 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- If you want to be prepared on battery life throughout the night, Ravpower has a special deal for trainers to get $4 off one of their portable chargers, make sure to use the code"PokemonG"
- The Omni team will be in various locations on the suggested route giving away iTunes gift cards for all "Pokemon in-app purchases. Make sure to download the app and use the referral code "CATCHEMALL" to receive Pokecoins. The Omni ambassadors will be wearing all red Omni gear.
A map has been posted to the Facebook event to guide Pokemon trainers on suggested routes to take during the nights activities.
The SF Police department has tweeted an image of a few safety tips to use throughout the night to keep the event fun.[[387688811, C]]
The creator of the event, Sara Witsch also asked all attendees to be respectful, “Let’s all be considerate to the city allowing us to wander through its streets looking for invisible creatures. All in all, have fun and catch em’ all!” said Witsch on the Facebook event.[[387718231, C]]