Unattended Pot on Kitchen Stove Sparks Fire at Martinez Housing Complex

102517 Shenandoah national park
NBC Washington

Firefighters put out a two-alarm fire that broke out at a housing complex early Sunday morning in Martinez, according to Contra Costa County Fire Protection District officials.

The fire was reported at 4:15 a.m. at 455 Eastgate Lane. Five of the eight units in the complex were damaged and are uninhabitable, according to fire spokeswoman Lisa Martinez.

The cause of the blaze was accidental. Martinez said the fire was started by an unattended pot on a kitchen stove.

One firefighter was injured in the blaze, but Martinez did not provide details about his injuries or condition.

Further details were not immediately available.

Copyright BAYCN - Bay City News
Contact Us