Ex-Prosecutor to Sue Cosby Accuser, Alleging Personal Injury - NBC Bay Area
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

Ex-Prosecutor to Sue Cosby Accuser, Alleging Personal Injury

Ex-prosecutor Bruce L. Castor claims Cosby's accuser sued him in 2015 so that he would lose the prosecutor's race

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    The star witness in the Bill Cosby trial took the stand Tuesday. NBC10's Keith Jones takes a look at the accusations from Andrea Constand.

    (Published Tuesday, June 6, 2017)

    A former district attorney who declined to press sexual-assault charges against Bill Cosby in 2005 has filed the beginnings of a lawsuit against Cosby's accuser in Philadelphia.

    An attorney for Bruce L. Castor says the personal-injury complaint will claim Andrea Constand sued Castor for defamation in 2015 so he would lose the prosecutor's race. The winner, Kevin Steele, had criticized Castor's handling of the Cosby case.

    Castor's lawyer James Beasley Jr. tells The Philadelphia Inquirer paperwork filed earlier this month will lead to a lawsuit seeking more than $50,000 in damages.

    A lawyer representing Constand's attorneys says the potential lawsuit sounds "legally deficient."

    Retired Judge Speaks on Cosby Trial

    [NATL-PHI] Retired Judge Speaks on Cosby Trial

    Retired Supreme Court Judge Michael Donio spoke to NBC10 on how the jury in the Bill Cosby sex assault trial is trying to hone in on the details of the testimony.

    (Published Wednesday, June 14, 2017)

    Cosby is charged with knocking out Constand with pills and sexually assaulting her at his home near Philadelphia in 2004. He says the encounter was consensual.