Multiple Stabbings Near Chargers vs. Broncos Game - NBC Bay Area

Multiple Stabbings Near Chargers vs. Broncos Game

On Friday, an official with the Denver Police Department confirmed it appears the assaults were not linked to the Chargers vs. Broncos game



    How the Right Mattress Can Ease Back Pain
    Courtesy of KUSA

    The stabbings of three people outside Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, Colo., Thursday night are not linked to the Chargers vs. Broncos game, a Denver Police Department officials confirmed Friday.

    Three men were stabbed in a parking lot near the stadium just after the end of the San Diego Chargers' 27-20 victory over the Broncos, KUSA, our NBC affiliate in Denver, reported Thursday.

    According to a video (seen below) released by the Denver Police News on Friday, the three victims sustained non life-threatening injuries in the assault. Initially, police believed a fourth victim may have been stabbed, but that person has not been located by officials.

    The Denver PD sergeant confirmed the stabbing doesn't appear to be connected to the Chargers vs. Broncos game. Instead, it may have been the result of a road rage-type incident that escalated in the parking lot.

    “It doesn’t appear that this was related to the outcome of the game. It doesn’t appear that this was Broncos vs. Chargers,” said the sergeant with the Denver Police in the video release. “It appears this stemmed from a traffic altercation in which the suspects were backing out of a traffic space and nearly struck the victim’s vehicle.”

    The sergeant said three people were taken into custody for questioning following the stabbing.

    Two suspects have been released pending the ongoing investigation. A third suspect -- a 29-year-old man -- is being held on three counts in connection with the case. The sergeant said the stabbings are not gang-related, as far as investigators can tell.

    The conditions of the victims have been upgraded and they are expected to survive, the official said Friday.

    The stabbing happened at around 8:30 p.m. in a parking lot adjacent to the stadium.

    Identities of the victims and suspects have not been released. Initially, authorities would not comment on whether or not team affiliation had anything to do with the stabbings.

    Now, it seems that is not the case.

    In another unrelated incident earlier this month, also in a parking lot near a stadium, a man died following an altercation that took place in the Arrowhead Stadium lot after Kansas City's game against Denver, The Associated Press noted.