NBA Essentials ranks our six favorite stories of the day.
1. Boston Globe. Kevin Garnett has been invited to those nutty celeb soccer games with Steve Nash, but KG declines because he wants to be a striker, not a goalie.
2. Indy Cornrows. When Danny Granger went to Indonesia this summer, a lady who runs an orphanage Granged donated some money to prayed for his contract extension. That's some good karma.
3. S.F. Examiner, via GsoM. Corey Maggette thinks the fate of the Warriors rest of the shoulders of himself and Stephen Jackson: "We know who the 20-point scorers are on this team and we've got to make sure we do our part."
4. The Painted Area. LeBron James gets in the post against New Orleans, and a world cheers.
5. Memphis Commercial Appeal. Javaris Crittenton can't get off the bench at all. Mike Conley can't get off the bench in the fourth quarter.
6. PLAY Magazine. Reviewing two excellent basketball books by bloggers.
NBA Essentials: Never Last Picked originally appeared on NBA FanHouse on Mon, 03 Nov 2008 09:10:00 EST . Please see our terms for use of feeds.