It's Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2017, and things are really slow at work.
So I decided to take a look at some old box scores. Let's take a walk down memory lane to...
... May 9, 2016.
The Warriors defeated the Blazers 132-125 in overtime to take a 3-1 series lead in the Western Conference Semifinals.
The stuff you probably remember:
- Steph Curry returned to game action for the first time since sustaining a sprained right MCL in Game 4 of the Warriors' opening-round series against the Rockets (15 days prior)
- Curry registered 40 points, 9 rebounds and 8 assists
- Curry scored 17 points in OT -- the most in any overtime period in NBA history
- After his 3-pointer gave the Warriors a 123-118 lead with 1:51 remaining in OT, he famously told the Portland crowd: "I'm back! I'm back!"
The stuff you may not remember:
- The Warriors fell behind 16-2
- Curry came off the bench for the first time since March 7, 2012
- Through three quarters, Curry's stat line: 13 points (6-for-18 FG, 0-for-9 3s)
- Shaun Livingston -- who started the game (and the previous four games) in Curry's absence, was ejected late in the first half after getting a double technical
- Harrison Barnes drilled a huge 3-pointer to tie the game at 111-111 with 51.9 seconds remaining in regulation
- Draymond Green racked up 21 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals and 7 blocks
- Andre Iguodala only registered 7 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 steal but he was +19 in 38 minutes (Curry was a team-best +21)
I certainly didn't remember all of this.
If the slow news days continue, maybe we will do this again.
The 2017-18 season can't get here soon enough...
Drew Shiller is the co-host of Warriors Outsiders and a Web Producer at NBC Sports Bay Area. Follow him on Twitter @DrewShiller