Handcuffed Hubby's Wild 911 Call - NBC Bay Area

Handcuffed Hubby's Wild 911 Call

Gives new meaning to the phrase "We need to talk"



    12 Ways to Effortlessly Surprise Your Friends and Co-Workers
    Fairfield Police
    Wife accused of handcuffing and biting husband in Fairfield.

    Here’s one way to get your husband to talk to you: handcuff him to yourself.  A Connecticut woman tried that, police said, but it didn’t end well.

    Helen Sun, 37, wanted to have a full conversation with her husband, Robert Drawbough, without him leaving, so she changed the bedroom locks and handcuffed herself to Drawbough while he was asleep, Fairfield police said.

    Drawbough was somehow able to use a cell phone to make an expletive-laden call to 911. (Warning: contains adult language.)

    “My wife has handcuffed me. I need assistance right away,” he told the 911 dispatcher. “She’s attacking me. I have done nothing to hurt her.”

    “Sir, where is she now,” the dispatcher asks.

    “I am holding her down so I can call you,” he said.

    The dispatcher asks if she is hurting him and if he needs and ambulance.
    “Yes,” he said. “I don’t need an ambulance. I need police,” he yells. 
    Asked by dispatchers why his wife was attacking him, Drawbough says he told her he wanted a divorce.
    Amid screams, he told the dispatcher that she started doing this when he started to leave her.
    “She’s biting my arm,” he screams. “I need help!” 
    When police got to the home, they could hear Drawbough's screams. He was rescued and has been treated at a local hospital. 
    Sun faces third-degree assault, disorderly conduct, reckless endangerment and unlawful restraint charges. 
    She’s due in Bridgeport Superior Court on Tuesday.
    Drawbough has been living in Los Angeles, but came back to Connecticut about a week ago, police said.
    He told police his wife is obsessive and a danger to him and his friends and family.  He said his wife hired private investigators to follow him, according to police. The status of their divorce is unclear.
    Sun's mother said the couple had been married about eight years.
    Helen Sun was released on $15,000 bond and was ordered to stay away from the home.