All openings, big and small, get served up on a regular basis by The Dish. Know of a new restaurant or bar that we've missed? Do pass along your sightings.
1) Financial District/Union Square: Finally opening tonight is Gitane, the Claude Lane sequel to Cafe Claude. We stopped by the preview over the weekend, and chef (and certified pizzaiolo) Lisa Eyherabide's pizzas were fairly impressive for a test run (full menu here). The two-level space is a unique one to be sure, with even more eclectic, flashy decor throughout, a change of pace from the San Francisco usual. Dinner served Tuesday through Saturday until midnight. 6 Claude Lane, off Kearny, between Bush and Sutter; (415) 788-6686; website [EaterWire]
2) The Mission: More Italian for the Mission, anyone? According to UrbanDaddy, Specchio is slated to open tonight, and even though we can't get any official confirmation from the restaurant itself, our Mission correspondent says the relocated Gondola folks were holding a soft opening of sorts last night. It's a big, somewhat oddly laid out space, with 100 or so seats and an upstairs lounge. Oh, and naked mannequins overlook everything. 2331 Mission Street, between 20th and 21st; (415) 956-5528 [EaterWire]
3) Financial District: In this week's froyo opening news, Cefiore opened up on New Montgomery Street, a few doors down from The Sentinel and House of Shields. Please update your yogurt records. 59 New Montgomery Street, between Market and Mission; website [EaterWire]
4) Bonus FiDi: It's already made the rounds in various newsletters, and even though it's technically not a restaurant or bar, we thought we'd mention that Cask, the retail liquor outlet from Bourbon & Branch, is up and running. 17 3rd Street, between Market and Mission; (415) 281-6486; website [EaterWire]
5) North Beach: The ill-conceived, short-lived Manchester Pub is doneski, along with King Cha Cha, and moving in today is King of Thai Noodle House. Official opening is tomorrow, unless someone from the North Beach neighborhood group notices that it's a chain. 1268 Grant Avenue, at Vallejo; (415) 391-8215 [EaterWire]
For more stories from Eater SF, go to sf.eater.com.