SFPD Make Arrest in Muni Stabbing - NBC Bay Area

SFPD Make Arrest in Muni Stabbing



    SFPD Make Arrest in Muni Stabbing
    Man jumped off train following attack

    It looks like old fashioned police work helped nab a suspect in a Muni stabbing.  San Francisco police said they have a man in custody after two officers spent the morning riding lines in hopes of finding him. 

    Police say officers on patrol from Taraval Station were instructed to focus their attention on Muni routes.  And it didn't take long before officers Feliks Gasanyan and Maria Donati noticed someone who matched the description of the suspect on the street at 31st Avenue and Judah Street.  They made the arrest at 8 a.m.

    His name is Bobby Brown and he has no local address.

    The woman who was stabbed Monday was expected to be released from SF General Tuesday.

    Muni Passenger Stabbed

    [BAY] Muni Passenger Stabbed
    A man who stabbed a woman on a San Francisco Municipal Railway train this morning resembles the suspect sought in the stabbing of an 11-year-old boy on a Muni bus in September, police said.
    (Published Monday, Nov. 30, 2009)

    Rachel Haynes-Brown, 24,  was stabbed twice while riding on a J-Church train Monday morning.  She said she didn't realize she had been cut immediately. She said she thought  a fellow passenger had hit her, but when her girlfriend rubbed the wound, her hand filled with blood and the two realized she had been stabbed.

    The suspect description from Monday is eerily similar to a man who stabbed an 11-year-old boy Muni passenger back in September.

    In both cases, the suspect was described as a black man with a  strong body odor wearing a black sweatshirt. In the boy's stabbing, the  suspect was also described as "scruffy-looking" and possibly homeless.  Monday's stabbing suspect was said to be 25-40 years old with a full beard.  He was wearing a black jacket over the sweatshirt and a black do-rag on his  head.

    Police said Brown was one of the dozen or so suspects who were questioned in the first stabbing, but said the boy could not make a positive identification.