Bob Redell

Fire Destroys Garage of Livermore House; No One Injured

Flames erupted inside the garage of a Livermore home early Friday, sending firefighters rushing to the scene. 

Aaron Lacey, the battalion chief of the the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department, said that an explosion sparked the fire on Orion Way around 1 a.m. It's possible some sort of tanks caused the fire.

The fire department believes the homeowner welds and works on air conditioning equipment in his garage, but it's not clear if that was somehow related.

The homeowner was able to get himself and his family out to safety. No one was injured.

Roughly 25 firefighters responded and kept the blaze contained mostly to the garage, which was severely damaged.

A house next door suffered some damage from the radiant heat.

The fire is under investigation. 

Contact Us