Programming note: Warriors-Kings coverage starts tonight at 6:30pm with Warriors Pregame Live on CSN Bay Area, and streaming live right here.
Last week, Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank said the following about Donald Trump:
"To have such a pro-business President is something that is a real asset for the country. People can really grab that opportunity."
Under Armour client Steph Curry was not a fan of Plank's statement.
On Wednesday morning, Plank took out a full-page ad in the Baltimore Sun. To read the full letter, click here.
"In a business television interview last week, I answered a question with a choice of words that did not accurately reflect my intent. I want to clarify to our hometown exactly the values for which Under Armour and I stand.
Under Armour stands for opportunity. I believe one of the greatest American attributes is entrepreneurship, and I am incredibly proud of how the Under Amour story reflects this. I moved Under Armour to Baltimore in 1998 when it was a two-year old company with two employees. Today we have 14,000 teammates across the world, and are proud to call Baltimore our home. In our city, we stand for entrepreneurship, job creation and opportunity.
We also represent our teammates and our city strength our Values:
- We stand firmly for equal rights. Through our investment, hiring, and in everything we do, we expect to be leaders in the advancement of all forms of diversity and gender equality.
- We believe that immigration is a source of strength, diversity and innovation for global companies based in America like Under Armour. And I personally believe that immigration is the foundation of our country's exceptionalism.
- Once again, Under Armour stands for job creation. To that end, we believe in growing American manufacturing capability. We think building should focus on much-needed education, transportation, technology and intrastructure investment in cities like Baltimore.
At Under Armour, our culture is strong, and that culture is built by our people and by the values of how we operate our business. While stating our values is important, I also know that actions speak louder than words. So here is what we are doing:
- We are publicly opposing the travel ban. With an anticipated new executive order on immigration set to come out, we will join a coalition of companies in opposition to any new actions that negatively impact our team, their families or our community.
- We are taking other public positions on legislation around the country in support of the interests of our teammates whenever policy conflicts with human rights.
Our team, like our country, is diverse by race, religion, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation and point of view. In our city and at Under Armour, our diversity is our strength."