Bay Area Fat Tuesday Parties
Before Ash Wednesday comes Mardi Gras and the biggest day of Mardi Gras is Fat Tuesday.
There are a number of Fat Tuesday events around the Bay Area today, we found a couple of these on Patch.
- The Poorhouse Bistro in San Jose will feature the music of The Montego's "Tribute to the Meter's" from 5 to 9 p.m. today. If you go, make sure you show up early. There's a game at the Shark Tank so the Poorhouse Bistro will most likely be extra packed today.
- In San Francisco celebrate Fat Tuesday in the Fillmore. Today is the final day of the four-day celebration between Sutter and McAllister. There will be a parade, live jazz music and face painting. The free festivities kick off at 5 p.m. There will also be a masquerade ball featuring a costume contest.
- Pican in Oakland will bring a taste of the Big Easy to the East Bay. The party will include New Orleans fare, cocktails and a Zydeco band. Tickets are $59 at the door. A portion of the proceeds will benefit St. Augustine's High School in New Orleans 7th ward.
- Mark St. Mary Louisiana Blues & Zydeco Band will take the stage in Berkeley tonight. They will perform at the Ashkenaz Music & Dance Community Center at 8:30 p.m.
- While Zigaboo Modeliste will headline the Club Fox in Redwood City tonight. His performance starts at 8 p.m.
Fat Tuesday is supposed to end at midnight. That's when Ash Wednesday starts, the first day of Lent.