24 Hour Fitness has closed at least 13 Bay Area locations amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The San Ramon-based company has shuttered the following locations:
- Alamo Express — 140A Alamo Plaza, Alamo
- Alemany Sport — 3951 Alemany Boulevard, San Francisco
- Berkeley Solano Avenue FitLite — 1775 Solano Avenue, Berkeley
- Capitol & McKee — 375A North Capitol Avenue, San Jose
- Fremont Sport — 35630 Fremont Boulevard, Fremont
- Market Street — 2145 Market Street, San Francisco
- Milpitas Active — 301 Jacklin Road, Milpitas
- Noe Valley FitLite — 3800 24th Street, San Francisco
- North Point — 350 Bay Street, San Francisco
- Walnut Creek Ygnacio Center — 2033 N. Main Street, Walnut Creek
- Morgan Hill — 850 Tennant Station, Morgan Hill
- Solano Mall - Fairfield — 1519 Gateway Boulevard, Fairfield
- Vallejo — 4300 Sonoma Boulevard, Vallejo
“We’ve looked hard at how we can best serve our members, and have refocused our resources where we believe they can do the most good,” the company said, in part, in a tweet Thursday. “Unfortunately, this has meant closing some locations and saying good bye to some valued team members, whom we will dearly miss.”
On Sunday, 10 Bay Area locations were named on the company's gym closure list. Three more had been added to the list when checked Monday.
Locations in Southern California and the Central Valley have also been closed. For a complete list of gym closures, click here.
To find a gym that will remain open, click here.