It's been more than a week since 15-year-old Sara Botill died last Saturday after a slumber party at a friend's home and there are still no clear answers what killed her.
That could change Monday afternoon.
Police have said from the beginning that alcohol played a role in her death, but have scheduled a news conference to "clear up mistaken information that has surfaced" in the case.
Gilroy police refused to make any comments ahead of the Monday event, but said in a news release there are several new developments to report. They promised to give details on what happened in the hours before and after the girl died.
An adult in the home called 911 after Botill was found unconscious the morning after the sleepover which was held at the home of Gilroy councilman Roland Velasco.
Velasco now works for Santa Clara County Supervisor Don Gage.
Gage told the Mercury News that sometime in the overnight hours the girls left the house and got alcohol from somewhere in the neighborhood.
The Merc also reported the Botill's autopsy showed she had a large amount of water in her lungs. That raises the possibility that she drowned instead of dying from alcohol poisoning as first suspected.
Gage said one of Botill's friends tried to sober her up by giving her a shower.
It doesn't take an expert to know that even with the possibility the girl drowned, that does not change the fact that alcohol contributed to the death.
An estimated 145,000 people under the age of 20 each year in the U.S. end up in emergency rooms after drinking too much alcohol.