A family dog is missing after a fire burned down a home in Atherton late Friday night, according to the Menlo Park Fire Department.
The dog got loose when firefighters entered the single-story house on the 200 block of Beresford Ave. around 11:35 p.m.
No person was inside the house at the time of the fire, according to officials.
The cause of the fire is unconfirmed but Menlo Park Fire Marshall Jon Johnston said the origin is believed to be a fireplace.
Firefighters were able to knockdown the fire within 45 minutes, officials said.
No other details were immediately available.