A new policy announced by the NFL limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the stadium.
Ladies will no longer be able to bring anything larger than a clutch size handbag. People who like a little cushion between themselves and the metal chair are also out of luck; all seat cushions are off limits.
This week, the NFL Committee on Stadium Security implemented a security measure that restricts legal items at all stadiums.
Some of the restrictions were already in place for Raider and 49er games. For instance, backpacks have not been allowed in Candlestick Park for several years.
The following items may not be brought into any NFL stadium:
- purses larger than a clutch bag
- fanny packs
- cinch bags
- luggage of any kind
- seat cushions
- computer bags
- camera bags
- any bag larger than the permissible size.
Items that are allowed include the following:
- Clear plastic bags that are shorter than 12 inches long by 6 inches wide and 12 inches deep.
- Clear plastic freezer bags up to one gallon size.
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
The NFL said exceptions will be made for the medically-necessary items.
Officials said they hope this new process will make stadium entrance smoother and faster.