Local bike groups and employers are planning a range of activities throughout the day and into the evening, including bike commuter convoys, group commutes, onsite events at businesses and public spaces, after-work happy hours and much more. And as they do every year, local public officials come out to support BTWD in every county, either at events or on two wheels.
Major Bike to Work Day events include:
- 5:30-9:30 a.m. – Bike to Work Day Super Energizer Station at Golden Gate Bridge Vista Point
- 7:00-9:30 a.m. – Bike to Work Day Pancake Breakfast at Frank Ogawa Plaza, downtown Oakland (12th Street BART station)
- 8:00 a.m. – Oakland elected officials press event at Frank Ogawa Plaza
- 8:30 a.m. – Bike to Work Day Rally at San Francisco City Hall
- 5:30-11 a.m. – Morning Bike to Work Day Energizer Stations across the Bay Area
- 4:00-7:00 p.m. – Evening Bike to Work Day Energizer Stations across the Bay Area
- 7:30-9:30 a.m. – BTWD press conference followed by Movers and Shakers Ride at MLK Jr. Library (150 E. San Fernando St, San Jose)
- 6:00-8:00 p.m. – Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition’s Bike Away from Work Bash at the Historic Adobe Building 157 Moffett Blvd, Mountain View
Complete local event information and Energizer Station locations are available at http://youcanbikethere.com/energizer/.
And don’t forget to register to participate in the Team and Company Bike Challenges! Running May 1-31, riders compete for bragging rights for miles ridden, calories burned and – perhaps most importantly – pounds of CO2 saved from the atmosphere. Check out teambikechallenge.com for all the details!
For more information on Bike to Work Day 2017, go to youcanbikethere.com or email us at email@example.com.