Unattended Pot on Kitchen Stove Sparks Fire at Martinez Housing Complex - NBC Bay Area
East Bay

East Bay

The latest news from around the East Bay

Unattended Pot on Kitchen Stove Sparks Fire at Martinez Housing Complex

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    The Best Mattress For Your Sleep Style
    NBC Bay Area
    A fire breaks out at a housing complex in Martinez. (Feb. 18, 2018)

    Firefighters put out a two-alarm fire that broke out at a housing complex early Sunday morning in Martinez, according to Contra Costa County Fire Protection District officials.

    The fire was reported at 4:15 a.m. at 455 Eastgate Lane. Five of the eight units in the complex were damaged and are uninhabitable, according to fire spokeswoman Lisa Martinez.

    The cause of the blaze was accidental. Martinez said the fire was started by an unattended pot on a kitchen stove.

    One firefighter was injured in the blaze, but Martinez did not provide details about his injuries or condition.

    Further details were not immediately available.

    Get the latest from NBC Bay Area anywhere, anytime
    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android