Now that colder weather has arrived for good, here are some tips on how to save money and reduce your carbon footprint while keeping warm.
- Seal gaps and cracks around windows and doors
- Wrap water heaters with a jacket
- Turn the thermostat to 68 when home and down 15 degrees when out of the house
- Open curtains during the day, and close them at night
- Have heaters inspected and get an energy audit
- Change furnace filters to keep it from working harder
Get a weekly recap of the latest San Francisco Bay Area housing news. Sign up for NBC Bay Area’s Housing Deconstructed newsletter.