Some Bay Area gas stations still have prices well below $5 a gallon, but they are few and far between as average fuel costs continue to skyrocket.
The average price for regular gas in California on Tuesday went up a full 10 cents in 24 hours to $5.44 a gallon, according to the latest data from AAA. Bay Area prices range from an average of $5.47 in Santa Clara County to $5.62 in Marin County.
Here are some stations with the least expensive gas prices in the region, according to Gas Buddy:
- $4.65: Safeway, 6790 Bernal Ave., Pleasanton
- $4.69: City Gas Milpitas, 10 N. Main St., Milpitas
- $4.74: Super Food & Liquor, 2714 Willow Pass Road, Concord
- $4.75: ARCO, 1260 Park St., Alameda
- $4.76: Moe's Stop, 1604 McKee Road, San Jose
- $4.76: Moe's Stop, 1948 Camden Ave., San Jose
- $4.79: Exxon, 4280 Foothill Blvd., Oakland
- $4.79: Central Gas, 2500 Sonoma Blvd., Vallejo
- $4.79: San Mateo Auto Service, 501 Norfolk St. San Mateo
- $4.82: Costco, 1601 Coleman Ave., Santa Clara
- $4.85: Costco, 1900 Davis St. San Leandro
- $4.95: HQ Fuels, 251 Shoreline Highway, Mill Valley
- $4.99: Marin Gas, 600 Magnolia Ave., Larkspur