Boy Choked By Scarf While Playing with Dog Dies: Police - NBC Bay Area
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

Boy Choked By Scarf While Playing with Dog Dies: Police

The boy, who was found unconscious by his mother last Wednesday, died Saturday at a Philadelphia hospital.



    How the Right Mattress Can Ease Back Pain
    Getty Images
    GREAT BEND, PA - MARCH 14: Snow falls on Route 81 at the Pennsylvania/New York border after much of the northeast was covered by a winter storm, March 14, 2017 in Great Bend, Pennsylvania.

    A 5-year-old boy who was apparently choked unconscious by his scarf last week while playing with his family's dog in Bucks County died Saturday from his injuries, police said.

    John Bruno, of Warrington, was found Wednesday afternoon by his mother in the backyard of his house lying unconscious on the snow-covered ground. The mother untied the scarf and called 911.

    Warrington Police Chief Daniel Friel said Monday the Philadelphia Medical Examiner's office was handling the autopsy and would rule on the cause of death.

    He added that the "very unusual" incident appears to be a tragic case of accidental choking, but Warrington detectives continue to work with the medical examiner.

    Friends of the boy's family created a GoFundMe page to raise money for medical and funeral expenses.