Friday's San Francisco Giants World Series victory parade will start at Steuart and Market streets, travel along Market Street before making a right turn onto McAllister Street. It will end with a celebration at the Civic Center Plaza and City Hall.
City officials anticipate 1 million people to come out for the event.
- McAllister Street (between Larkin Street and Van Ness Avenue)
- Grove Street (between Larkin Street and Van Ness Avenue)
- Civic Center Plaza and streets around and adjacent to City Hall
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency is encouraging people ride public transportation to and from the celebration.
Muni will reroute the following lines:
- Steuart Street (between Howard and Market streets)
- Sear Street (between Howard and Market streets)
- Main Street (between Howard and Market streets)
- Market Street (between Steuart 1st and 10th streets)
- Mission Street (between Van Ness Avenue and The Embarcadero)
Please also be aware:
- Mission Street will be closed to private automobiles, but open to public transit, taxis and first responders only. Muni routes will be diverted off Market Street onto Mission Street because of the parade.
- No traffic or cross traffic will be permitted on Market Street, Steuart Street and Van Ness Avenue (after 9:30 a.m. and streets will re-open at approximately 5 p.m. or sooner.)
- The underground Civic Center parking garage will be closed to general parking. Monthly parking pass holders will have access until 9 a.m. but no exits until surrounding streets have re-opened.
- All Muni Metro trains will stop at Civic Center station for the celebration and parade, as well as at Embarcadero, Montgomery and Powell stations for the parade.
- There will be limited bike parking available, and bicycles are not allowed on Market or Mission streets.
Public Transportation Options
Parking is expected to be limited and traffic congested. For a better celebration experience, BART, Caltrain, Golden Gate Transit, AC Transit, SamTrans and ferries will offer expanded services. For up to the minute information, visit www.511.org.
The SFMTA will supplement existing Metro service with six additional Metro shuttles. Additional service will begin at 9 a.m. and continue until restricted parade routes are cleared.
The following Muni lines and routes will be affected:
- California Cable Car
- Powell Hyde Cable Car
- Powell Mason Cable Car
- F Market and Wharves
- 2 Clement
- 3 Jackson
- 5 Fulton
- 6 Parnassus
- 8X Bayshore Express
- 9 San Bruno
- 9L San Bruno Limited
- 10 Townsend
- 12 Folsom-Pacific
- 14 Mission
- 14L Mission Limited
- 19 Polk
- 21 Hayes
- 27 Bryant
- 30 Stockton
- 31 Balboa
- 38 Geary
- 38L Geary Limited
- 45 Union-Stockton
- 71 Haight-Noriega
World Series Game 7 Highlights
BART has provided the following Giants parade day tips:
- Load your Clipper card with extra value or, if buying a BART ticket, purchase a round trip ticket before parade day.
- Avoid peak commute hours (6 to 9 a.m. and 4 to 6 p.m.).
- Don¹t bring your bike on board trains or inside stations as they will be very crowded.
- Allow extra time to get to San Francisco before the parade begins at 12 Noon.
- Parking rules and restrictions will be enforced. Consider getting to the station by alternative means such as carpooling, walking, biking and parking your bike at the station) or taking a bus, as parking lots will fill up very early. Do not park in permit spaces if you don¹t have a permit. (Even if you have a reserved space, we cannot guarantee eager fans won¹t park there'we will be ticketing).
- Plan your trip using the BART QuickPlanner.
BART spokeswoman Alicia Trost said as of 8 a.m. officials expected 10,000 extra riders compared to a regular Friday in October.