Trail Count 2010 Overview
San Jose has over 54 miles of trails with plans for an additional 46 miles – data collection from Trail Count supports grant writing. Gathering data as part of Trail Count helps to lead San Jose towards a better integrated transportation system. Join us for this one day effort to collect the needed information!
Date:September 15, 2010
Time:6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Location: Three 12-hour count stations
No. 1 Guadalupe River Trail @ Coleman Avenue
No. 2 Guadalupe River Trail @ Park Avenue
No. 3 Los Gatos Creek Trail @ Hamilton Avenue
Four peak hour count stations are to be located at:
No. 4 Los Gatos Creek Trail @ Auzerais Avenue
No. 5 Coyote Creek Trail @ Tasman Drive
No. 7 Highway 87 Bikeway @ Tamien Station
No. 8 Coyote Creek Trail @ Capitol Exp
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO DO?
- Trail counters are asked to volunteer for 2 hours (minimum).
- Count and categorize trail users as Bicyclists, Walkers/Runners and Other (wheel chair users, Segway, etc.).
- Hand out a survey post card to interested parties (directs trail users to an on-line survey).
WHAT SUPPORT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- City staff will contact your designated coordinator to review the data collection process and procedures for set up and take down of the count station.
- City staff will visit your count station early in the day to check in, respond to questions and offer support.
- Data collection sheets are provided.
- Survey post cards are provided.
Meals/Water: Please bring your own