The fireworks show started at around 9:15 p.m., and by about 9:30 p.m., fair patrons who had been sitting in a grandstand began showing up at a first aid station with bee stings, Alameda County Fire Department spokeswoman Aisha Knowles said.
Alameda County firefighters treated close to 100 people, some with multiple stings, Knowles said. The victims ranged from a 6-month-old infant to a 60-year-old adult.
No one had an allergic reaction to the stings and no one needed to be taken to a hospital.
Knowles said there were around 5,000 people sitting in the grandstand for the fireworks show.
The Alameda County Sheriff's Office and the Alameda County Fire Department prepares for the possibility of an incident with multiple casualties, and the first aid station was capable of tending to everyone who needed medical attention for bee stings, Knowles said.