The county's top prosecutor is looking for Silicon Valley's top high school artists.
For the first time. District Attorney Jeff Rosen is calling on all creative Santa Clara County high school seniors to help design a safe, soothing office space where attorneys meet with young children who have been sexually assaulted. The room at 70 West Hedding Street in San Jose is now bare and unappealing - not a condusive atmosphere for children already feeling vulnerable.
The winning student designer will have their signed creation painted on the walls of this special office space and receive $500. The second place student will receive $300, and the third place winner will receive $200.
“We want this space to be as comfortable as possible under these circumstances,” Assistant District Attorney Terry Harman said in a statement . “We want the mural to be colorful, creative, and convey a message of peace and hope.”
Entries for the first annual “Justice For All” student contest need to be submitted to the Office of the District Attorney by May 17. Winners will be announced on May 31.
Here are the rules:
- One submission per student artist.
- The mural design should cover one or two walls of the room.
- The contest winner will not paint the mural, but the design will be closely followed by a professional contractor.
- Contest submissions must be in color on white paper, no bigger than 8 ½” x 14”.
- Landscape orientation preferred.
- The student artist must currently reside in Santa Clara County and must be actively enrolled as a senior high school student in Santa Clara County.
- Family members of employees of the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office are excluded from participation.
- The work must be original and must be the sole work product of the student artist.
- No use of copyright or trademarked images.
- Entries must be submitted or post marked no later than Friday, May 17, 2013 at 5 p.m.
Entries should be addressed to:
Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office
Mural Design Contest – Justice for All Award
Terry Harman, Assistant District Attorney
70 West Hedding Street, San Jose, CA. 95110