San Jose Police Arrest Sole Surviving Suspect Wanted in Connection With Deadly Office Shooting - NBC Bay Area
South Bay

South Bay

The latest news from around the South Bay

San Jose Police Arrest Sole Surviving Suspect Wanted in Connection With Deadly Office Shooting

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    The law has apparently caught up with a man accused in a deadly office shooting. (Published Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2015)

    San Jose police said Wednesday that the sole surviving suspect wanted in connection with a deadly office shooting in August was arrested last week.

    Duane Aguero, 42, a city resident charged with murder, was nabbed on Aug. 27 and is being held at the Santa Clara County Jail without bail, police said.

    Matthew Castillo, Richard Jacquez and Aguero were captured on a surveillance camera entering a business on the 1800 block of Lundy Avenue on Aug. 13 where they terrorized and killed a 38-year-old ex-convict Christopher Maxwell Wren.

    According to police, Aguero was carrying a weapon that resembled a "ball and chain."

    Castillo, 29, and Jacquez, 40, are dead after two separate officer-involved shootings last month that occurred less than 24 hours apart.

    Castillo was fatally shot by two officers on the night of Aug. 16 at a strip mall off of Senter Road near Capitol Expressway, according to police.

    Jacquez led officers on a vehicle pursuit on the evening of Aug. 17 and crashed in the area Kirkhaven Court and Stoneyhaven Way, police said. Jacquez fled from the car and was fatally shot multiple times by an officer, they added.

    Anyone with information on the case is asked to call police Detective Sgts. Rick Yu or Wayne Smith at (408) 277-5283.
     

    Get the latest from NBC Bay Area anywhere, anytime
    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android