While it might be cold outside right now the weekend is shaping up to be warm for January in the Bay Area.
This Saturday, Sunday and Monday parks across California, such as Yosemite and John Muir National Historic Park, will waive the entrance fee and allow nature lovers to hug a tree without charge.
The next free weekend won't come until April. But with free entrances on a long weekend, there are sure to be extra crowds out at the more popular national parks. For just that reason, the folks at 7X7 were kind enough to put together a full list of free parks across the state:
• Cabrillo National Monument
• Death Valley National Park
• John Muir National Historic Site
• Joshua Tree National Park
• Lassen Volcanic National Park
• Lava Beds National Monument
• Muir Woods National Monument
• Pinnacles National Monument
• San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
• Sequoia National Park
• Whiskeytown Unit National Recreation Area
• Yosemite National Park