Catholic Charities volunteers process approximately 1,795 federal tax returns totaling more than $2.5 million in refunds – money that comes back to families in Santa Clara County to help bolster the local economy. Also, this Catholic Charities’ program helps bring nearly $1 million back to Santa Clara County in EITC (earned income tax credit) funds. During the past five years Catholic Charities’ Tax EZ program has helped file more than 7,250 federal tax returns.
Click here to register
Date/Time: from January 19-April 9th at the following sites and times.
1. Seven Trees Community Center - open on Mondays from 1:30pm- 5:30pm
2. East Side Neighborhood Center - Tuesdays from 4:00pm-8:00pm -
3. Gilroy - Serra Cottage - Wednesdays from 12:00pm- 5:30pm -
4. Catholic Charities/Zanker - Thursdays from 5:00pm-8:00pm and Saturday mornings 9am-12 5. Most Holy Trinity Church - Mondays, Wednesdays from 6-8pm -
6. St John Vianney Catholic School - Saturdays from 3-6pm
7. Mt View - San Antonio Place - some Saturdays from 9am to noon -
8. Mt View - St Athanasius Catholic Church - Saturdays from 9am to noon -
9. Morgan Hill - El Toro Youth Center Thursdays from 6pm -7:30pm -
To Volunteer/Contact: MInh Hoang Pham, Catholic Charities
Max # of volunteers: unlimited (2 needed at each site per day)
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Minh Hoang Pham, Program Manager Tax EZ- 408-325-5166
Age Restrictions: 18 or older
Type of Work: Volunteer.TAX EZ volunteers will be needed at the nine different service sites from Gilroy to Mt. View. Volunteers will help greet clients and provide assistance with intake and outake forms to ensure a smooth and positive experience. Volunteers will not be required to file returns. Optional: Bilingual Outreach Volunteers: Spanish, Vietnamese, and Mandarin
Waiver Required: Single visit volunteer application will completed on site before or at time of service or be completed.
Registration Required: Registration and date placement confirmed by Catholic Charities staff.
Attire: comfortable clothing
Meals Provided: none
Beverages Provided: n/a