NBC Bay Area and Safeway have partnered together over the holiday season with the goal to end hunger. "Help Us End Hunger" Food Drive kicked off this past Saturday with NBC Bay Area anchors and local volunteers spanning Safeway stores all across the Bay Area. In that one day, over 19,000 bags were sold, with a current total of 70,661 bags solds throughout the Bay Area.
With the food drive running until December 25, there is still to stop at your local Safeway and purchase a $10 bag to "Help Us End Hunger!"
Here is a look at the top 10 Safeway stores with the current highest results:
1. 338 Bags, 1 Camino Alto, Mill Valley
2. 231 Bags, 110 Strawberry Vill. #100, Mill Valley, NBC Bay Area anchor: Mark Mathews
3. 165 Bags, 900 Diablo Avenue, Novato
4. 154 Bags, 50 Solano Square, Bencia
5. 149 Bags, 137 Corte Madera, Corte Madera
6. 142 Bags, Fourth Street, Santa Rosa
7. 123 Bags, 5720 Nave Drive, Novato
8. 122 Bags, 3375 Jefferson Street, Napa
9. 112 Bags, 838 Sir Frances Drake Blvd., San Anselmo
10. 108 Bags, Brooks Road, Windsor