Despite all the Thanksgiving tips and tricks out there, cooking a Turkey Day feast is admittedly a huge challenge. Luckily, Butterball has been fielding questions via their Butterball Turkey Talk-Line for nearly 30 years, to assist clueless cooks across the country to avoid ruining the grand centerpiece. As with any self-help line, there are bound to be a number of laughable questions. Reuters has obtained a handful of some of the most painfully daft call-ins, below.
Five Actual Questions Fielded By Butterball Experts
- Is it okay to thaw my turkey in the bathtub while bathing my kids?
- Can I brine my turkey in the washing machine?
- Can I use my oven’s self-cleaning cycle to speed up the cooking process?
- If I cut my turkey with a chainsaw will the oil affect the taste?
- Can I take my frozen turkey into my sauna to thaw it faster?