Skip to content
- 224,092: The number of annual deaths due to diabetes in the United States according to death certificate reports from 2002. (Diabetes is likely to be underreported as a cause of death.)
- 61%: The increase of Americans with diabetes since 1990 * 20.8 million: The estimated number of Americans who have diabetes
- 1.5 million: The number of new cases of diabetes diagnosed in people aged 20 years or older in 2005
- 9.7 million: The number of women in the United States have diabetes
- The prevalence of diabetes is at least 2-4 times higher among African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian, and Asian/Pacific Islander women than among white women.