What to Know
Firefighters were able to control the blaze in about 15 minutes
No one was injured in the fire, which broke out when the restaurant was closed
A fire at the restaurant back in 2014 forced the establishment to close for multiple months
A fire broke out at a Michelin-rated restaurant in Los Gatos Monday night, causing minor damage to the inside of the establishment, according to fire officials.
The fire at Manresa restaurant marks at least the second time since 2014 that flames burned at the eatery. Monday night's blaze was not as destructive as the one that burned years ago.
Fire crews on Monday arrived around 9 p.m. and found an exterior wall of the restaurant and an adjoining fence on fire, according to fire officials. Firefighters controlled the flames in about 15 minutes.
"When they got here, they found extensive fire in the wall and the fence on fire," said Bill Murphy from the Santa Clara County Fire Department.
The restaurant was closed at the time of the fire, and no one was inside, fire officials said. No injuries were reported.
The blaze appeared to start next to the kitchen door located in the rear portion of the building, according to the fire department. Firefighters cut a hole in the roof to make sure the fire didn't spread into the attic.
"He [owner David Kinch] just texted me this morning and said there was another fire," said chef Kerry Bowden. "I asked if it was arson, and he said he doesn't think so."
It is not clear at this time what sparked the blaze and when the restaurant will reopen. Manresa is normally closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
"Life has a lot of twists and turns of fate, but we will open back up; this will not hold us back," Kinch said. "We are going to try to open as soon as possible."
Back in 2014, Manresa was forced to close for six months after a fire damaged the building.