A fire that was knocked down Friday and continued to smolder through the night, reignited early Saturday morning and wrecked a Redwood City home.
Resident Cassie Quinlivan said a fire broke out around 4 p.m. Friday at her in-laws' house at Hyde Street and Avondale Avenue. The flames melted a plastic shed where her clothes were stored, but there was no electrical source to or in the shed, Quinlivan said, seemingly at a loss about the cause of the blaze.
Firefighters returned every hour till about midnight to check the house. Determining that "everything was good," they stopped the hourly inspections, she said.
But around 3 a.m. Saturday, the fire department received reports of another fire, Quinlivan said.
"So they came back — to that," she said, indicating toward the scorched home. "I'm traumatized right now. I don't know what to feel."
Quinlivan said she was glad her mother- and father-in-law spent the night in their motor home due to damage from the Friday evening fire. The rest of the family stayed in a hotel, thanks to help from the Red Cross.
It's "too hot to go back there," Quinlivan said Saturday morning, adding that the family's next steps will focus on "damage control."
No one was injured, officials said.