San Jose

Dog Saved From Burning San Jose House

A dog is recovering Sunday afternoon after being trapped in a San Jose house fire.

The fire broke out on Sunny Vista Drive near Westfield Valley Fair shopping mall just before noon. The family of five was not home, but a miniature dachshund was inside.

Firefighters used a heat-sensing camera to find the little dog hiding under a bed. The dog was not hurt, but the home did have major damage.

Investigators believe the fire was sparked by an electrical outlet.

Contact Us