Eating never tasted so good.
A group of restaurants and food distributors in San Francisco are raising money for survivors of Tuesday's 7.0-magnitude in Haiti with a fundraising event at a restaurant in the Presidio.
The event will take place at the Presidio Cafe and feature free wine tasting and food donated by local restaurants, event organizer Tommy Ronquillo said.
Attendees will be encouraged to donate money to aid organizations, Ronquillo said.
The event will take place from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the restaurant located at 300 Finley Rd. and it joins a growing list of other restaurant driven fundraising efforts across the Bay Area.
Already, a handful of local restaurants have shared info on the various ways that they plan to contribute to the Haitian relief efforts.
Check out the list below:
· January 14 to Saturday, January 16: CAV Wine Bar donating 10 percent of its proceeds from Thursday January 14th through Saturday, Jan. 16 to Doctors Without Borders to help the victims of the earthquake.
· January 14: Musician person Sila will donate 100 percent of the ticket sales for the performance at Coda tonight to the cause. The show is at 9PM, tickets cost $10 and you can enjoy the "Afro-Electro-Brazillian-Ethiopesque-Funk" stylings.
· January 15: There's a bakesale Saturday at Chronicle Books (680 Second Street) from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· January 15: Street food vendor Evil Jerk Cart will be at Blue Macaw Friday night from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. with $2 from each plate sold going to relief.
·January 18: Both locations of Papalote are donating 15 percent of proceeds.
·January 20: Bin 38 will be collecting donations at the door and sending 100 percent of them to the What If? Foundation, run by Margaret Trost who resides in Berkeley and has been working directly with Haiti for 10 years. They'll also be offering special glasses of wine and bottled beer, with $2 for each one sold being donated to the relief effort. More info on Facebook.
· January 23: Pizzaiolo is holding a Bakesale for Haiti fundraiser, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· January 23: Per Vegansaurus, there's a vegan bakesale at Patricia's Green (Hayes/Octavia), from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m..
· January 23: Via Good Foods: Chef Dontaye Ball of Good Foods Urban Kitchen will donate 50% of the food proceeds and 100 percent of the wine proceeds from his next dinner on 1/23.
Eater SF and Bay City News contributed to this story.