Fairmont San Francisco's Executive Chef Andrew Court has come up with various recipes to make your holiday meal taste exquisite.Chefs from around the Bay Area are challenged to create a delicious holiday dish using the contents of this year Safeway Hunger Bag items. All chefs are required to use at least three of the following items listed: Safeway Condensed Soup Chicken Noodle, Chicken of the Sea Tuna, Safeway Kitchens Spaghetti, Hunts Pasta Sauce, Del Monte Family Size Veggies, Skippy Peanut Butter and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.
Krispy Kraft Mac N’ Cheese Bites
- 8 tbl. Butter
- ½ c. Milk
- 1 Bag 8oz Sharp Kraft Cheddar, shredded
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Chopped Chives
- ½ tsp Truffle oil
- 6 oz Flour
- 3 ea Eggs
- 1lb Panko Bread Crumb
- Day Before; Make Kraft Mac N Cheese according to the packet.
- When hot, fold in shredded cheddar and teaspoon of Dijon mustard, chives & Truffle oil.
- Set aside to cool overnight in flat tray in the fridge.
- Day of; cut macaroni into 1 ½” cubes. Roll cubes in flour, eggwash and breadcrumb to cover. Chill in fridge for 2 hours.
- Deep fry breaded cubes in hot oil, approximately 325 degrees for 3-4 minutes, or till crisp.
- Serve with assorted dipping sauces.
- 2 Can Hunts Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 ea Green peppers, chopped
- 1 ea Onion, chopped
- 1 c. White Wine Vinegar
- 1 c. Sugar
- 2 Tsp Salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp Cloves, Ground
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon, Ground
- ¼ tsp Allspice, Ground
- ½ lb Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Boil tomato sauce, peppers and onions until tender.
- Blend Run through sieve or strainer. Add remaining ingredients. Boil until thick and pour into jars.
Spicy Sriracha Peanut Dip
- ½ Cup Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tsp Hot water
- 1 Tsp Lime juice
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sesame oil
- Sriracha sauce to taste
- Put the peanut butter into a bowl and then slowly pour in the hot water, whisking vigorously to combine. Stir in lime juice, soy sauce and the sesame oil, and then add the Sriracha sauce to taste.