Kodak agreed to sell its patent portfolio for $525 million to a consortium of companies that include Apple, Facebook and Google, according to reports.
Kodak will use the money to pay off its bankruptcy debt, if it is approved by the bankruptcy court, according TechCrunch. The group of companies include 12 licensees which all paid a portion of the $525 million.
- Apple, Inc.
- Research In Motion Limited
- Google Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Adobe Systems Incorporated
- HTC Corporation
- Facebook, Inc
- Fujifilm Corporation
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Amazon Fulfillment Services, Inc.
- Shutterfly, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation