With roles like Thor, Chris Hemsworth is known for having one of the best bodies in Hollywood, but he had to put that title aside for his latest film, "In the Heart of the Sea."
The hunky actor got to chatting on Twitter with some of his fans and revealed the hardest part about filming for the role--in which he plays a sailor who is stranded at sea for 90 days--was being forced to lose an insane amount of weight, which he did so by dropping down to 500 calories a day.
Sharing a photograph of himself looking incredibly frail and almost unrecognizable, he wrote, "Just tried a new diet/training program called Lost At Sea. Wouldn't recommend it...#IntheHeartoftheSea."
Along with the weight loss, Hemsworth revealed some other fun facts about himself during the Twitter chat. Here are 11 things we learned:
1. He thinks acting in a comedy is harder than a drama.
2. We might get to see him and Liam Hemsworth in the same film some day!
3. Kelly Slater was his inspiration growing up and the reason he became a surfer.
4. But his brother, Luke, was the one who got him into acting.
5. His favorite artist is Van Morrison.
6. His favorite movie of all time is "The Never Ending Story."
7. If he wasn't an actor, he'd be a zookeeper.
8. He says the best Hemsworth of them all is his mom, Leonie.
9. He wishes he had the power to time travel.
10. His go-to dance move is the worm.
11. He's Team Peeta (Sorry, Liam!).
To hear more about Hemsworth's upcoming film and his intense weight loss plan, check out E! News' interview with him below!