Two Women in Hospital After Cooking Spray Can Explodes at Barbecue in Alameda

Monday, Sep 30, 2013  |  Updated 1:11 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Aerosol Can Explodes at BBQ, 2 Women in Hospital

Getty Images

Two women were rushed to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center after investigators said a cooking spray can exploded near a hot barbecue at a beach in Alameda.

advertisement

Two women were rushed to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center after an afternoon barbecue went horribly wrong.

Investigators said a can of cooking spray placed near a hot barbecue exploded around 1:40 p.m.

The women were at the Robert Crown Memorial State Beach in Alameda when it happened. Paramedics rushed them to the hospital by helicopter.

Hospital officials said one of the women has been released. The other woman is reportedly in stable condition.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Bay Area Proud
Bay Area Proud is NBC Bay... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out