Ex-Reality Show Contestant Convicted of Murder

From reality show suitor to prisoner

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Getty Images
    Jamal Trulove wept as he was convicted of first-degree murder for gunning down a man in one of the City's housing projects in July 2007.

    A one-time TV reality show contestant had a starring role this week in front of a San Francisco jury.

    Jamal Trulove wept as he was convicted of first-degree murder for gunning down a man in one of the City's housing projects in July 2007.

    His conviction was based on testimony from the the only eyewitness to go on the stand. Last month the witness told the jury she watched Trulove run after the 28-year-old victim and gun him down the night of July 23, 2007. Two days later, she tentively identified Trulove from a lineup of pictures.

    The witness saw Trulove, 29, on the VH-1 series "I Love New York 2." He was going by the name "Milliown" on the show. She told police that about 25 people saw the shooting. But she was the only one to come forward and is now in a witness protection program.

    San Francisco Disctict Attorney Kamala Harris commended the witness who helped bring Trulove to justice, calling her brave, the Chronicle reported.

    Trulove will be sentenced in March. He faces 50 years to life in state prison. How's that for a dose of reality?