Firefighters put out a one-alarm fire in Concord on Wednesday morning.
Contra Costa County fire spokesman Dominic Ciotola said the blaze was reported in the 1900 block of N. Third Street just after 2:36 a.m. and was knocked down before 3:15 a.m.
The fire causes downed power lines and a gas leak. The home next door also suffered damage to its side.
According to some neighbors, the residents of the home were poised to be evicted on Thursday. Neighbors said they saw the tenants there Tuesday night.