Put Down The iPod! Your House is on Fire!

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Getty Images
    Oh, iPod, how we love thee.

    When the phone rings at your house, you usually don’t expect the caller to tell you that your house is on fire.

    But that’s exactly what happened to Pomfret’s Andrew Riley on Thursday. 

    According to Pomfret fire officials, Riley was listening to his iPod in the lower level of his two and half-story home when he got a call from his alarm company.

    Riley didn’t smell smoke or hear any alarms when he was listening to his tunes, but soon after the phone call he ran up the stairs to realize his exercise room was on fire.

    Pomfret firefighters rushed to the scene and put out the flames.  Only the exercise room and a connecting office were damaged by the blaze.  We assume his iPod made it out safely.