Northern California is about to become home to the never before seen LumiNightTM, a world premier lantern festival featuring hundreds of large-scale internally lit creatures taking over the night sky. The exhibit will be open Wednesday through Sunday every week. On Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday, the festival will be open from 5pm to 10pm and on Friday, Saturday, and Holidays, it will be open from 5pm to 11pm.
LumiNightTM is a walking safari through scenes from our magical planet revealed by immersive life-sized, and larger-than-life lantern sculptures created by Zigong Tengda Lantern Art and Culture Co., including a Forest of a Million Lights, the Land of Dinosaurs, animals of the Chinese Zodiac, the Great Barrier Reef, the story of Noah’s Ark, and wonderous animals both extinct and endangered. Each lantern story will give the opportunity to learn about relevant and modern issues affecting our planet and environment.
To further the educational and immersive experience of LumiNightTM, guests will have the opportunity to purchase a companion app filled with educational stories and content that bring the festival to life on your phone through Augmented Reality (AR). The app will guide guests through each exhibit and provide the ability to capture photos and share with friends, family and more. The app is free with advance tickets purchased online and $4 at the door.
While adventuring through the wonderful world of LumiNightTM and all its beautiful lanterns, be sure to visit the additional attractions in the LumiNightTM Fair spanning 1 acre (at a nominal charge) featuring:
• Amusement Park Rides
• The LumiNight Train (to take you through the entire 8 acre show)
• Petting Zoo and Pony Rides
• Culinary delights from local food vendors
• And visit the LumiNight shop for a great variety of souvenirs
As part of LumiNight’s mission to raise awareness about wildlife and responsibility around sea life, the festival has partnered with Whale and Dolphin Conservation. In addition to activations throughout the show, LumiNightTM will be bringing Delilah the life-sized inflatable North Atlantic Right whale to Alameda from January 23-26 as a teaching moment. Delilah and staff from the Conservation will be on hand to tell the story of her family- an endangered species with fewer than 420 individuals remaining.
Tickets are now available for purchase.
- Weekday prices (Wednesday and Thursday): Children under 4 are free and tickets for children ages 4-16 are $18, adults $26. Seniors/Active Military tickets are $20 and groups of 20 or more are $20.
- Weekend prices (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday): Children under 4 are free and tickets for children ages 4-16 are $19, adults $28. Seniors/Active Military tickets are $22 and groups of 20 or more are $22.
- The Interactive App comes free with an advance online ticket purchase or $4 at the door.
For more information, click here.
WHEN: November 29, 2019 - February 2, 2020
WHERE: Alameda County Fairgrounds, 2100 Valley Avenue, Gate 12, Pleasanton, CA 94566