With temperatures reaching or approaching triple digits across the Bay Area, some regions will open cooling centers for residents vulnerable to the excessive heat.
The centers will be limited in capacity due to the current COVID-19 public health orders, and health screenings will be conducted before people are allowed to enter.
San José cooling centers open Friday-Sunday, 1-9 p.m.:
- Mayfair Community Center; 2039 Kammerer Ave.
- Camden Community Center; 3369 Union Ave.
- Roosevelt Community Center; 901 E. Santa Clara St.
Santa Clara County cooling centers open Friday and/or Saturday:
- Santa Clara Senior Center, 1303 Fremont St., 1-7 p.m. through Wednesday
- Saratoga Library, 13650 Saratoga Ave., Saratoga, 1-5 p.m.
- Gilroy Library, 350 W. Sixth Street, Gilroy, 1-5 p.m.
- Mountain View Community Center, 201 S. Rengstorff Ave., Mountain View, 1-7 p.m.
- Campbell Community Center, Q80 (Roosevelt Redwood Room), 1 W. Campbell Ave., Campbell, noon-8 p.m. Friday and 1-7 p.m. Saturday
- Cupertino Senior Center, 21251 Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino, 1-8 p.m.
- Mitchell Park Community Center, 3700 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, 1-6 p.m.
- Milpitas Senior Center, 457 E. Calaveras Blvd., Milpitas, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information on how to stay cool, visit bit.ly/heatsafetytipsSCC.
Contra Costa County Employment and Human Services cooling centers open Thursday-Friday and Monday-Tuesday, 1-5 p.m.:
- 4545 Delta Fair Blvd., Antioch
- 400 Ellinwood Way, Pleasant Hill
- 1305 Macdonald, Richmond
Additional Contra Costa locations open:
- Nick Rodriguez Community Center at 213 F St., Antioch, Friday through Wednesday from noon to 6 p.m. (Call 925-778-1158 for more information.)
Other possible Contra Costa locations (call to confirm if open and hours of operation):
- Concord Senior Center, 2727 Parkside Circle, Concord, 925-671-3320
- Martinez Senior Center, 818 Green St., Martinez, 925-370-8770
Solano County cooling centers open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday:
- Fairfield Civic Center Library, 1150 Kentucky St., Fairfield
- Fairfield Cordelia Library, 5050 Business Center Drive, Fairfield
Marin County cooling center for older adults open Saturday 3 p.m. to Tuesday 7 p.m.
- Marin Center Exhibit Hall, 10 Avenue of the Flags, 3 -7 p.m.
Sonoma County cooling centers open Monday and Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Cloverdale Senior Center, 311 N. Main St., Colverdale
- Sonoma Veterans Memorial Building, 126 First St., West Sonoma
- Rincon Valley Library, 6959 Montecito Blvd, Santa Rosa
- Salvation Army Senior Center, 115 Pierce St, Santa Rosa
- Petaluma Community Center, 320 North McDowell Blvd, Petaluma (from noon to 7 p.m., Monday through Wednesday)
- City Hall Council Chambers, 401 Grove St, Healdsburg (from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Wednesday)
- Healdsburg Senior Center, 133 Matheson St, Healdsburg (from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Wednesday)
Bay City News contributed to this report.