Texas Restaurant Closed for Weekend Due to Laxatives on Pizza: PD - NBC Bay Area
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

Texas Restaurant Closed for Weekend Due to Laxatives on Pizza: PD

The incident happened Friday night at Mr. Jim's Pizza in Springtown, Texas



    Not Getting Enough Sleep? What’s Your Excuse?
    Facebook/Springtown Police Department
    Springtown Police Department in Springtown, TX.

    A Parker County, Texas, pizza restaurant was closed for the weekend after an employee reportedly put laxatives on a pizza Friday, causing a coworker to get sick, police say.

    The incident happened at Mr. Jim's Pizza in the 400 block of East State Highway 199 in Springtown, Texas, according to the city's police department.

    Springtown police said someone notified them around 8 p.m. Friday that a Mr. Jim's employee posted on social media that they put Miralax on pizzas.

    Three employees at the restaurant put Miralax on at least one pizza, which was eaten unknowingly by a coworker, police said. The employee who ate the food got sick.

    Death Toll, Damages Climb From Typhoon Hagibis

    [NATL] Death Toll, Damages Climb From Typhoon Hagibis

    The death toll from Typhoon Hagibis climbed to 53 on Tuesday, days after it tore through Japan and left hundreds of thousands of homes wrecked, flooded or out of power. Hagibis caused more than 200 rivers to overflow when it hit the island nation on Saturday.

    (Published Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019)

    Police said they questioned the three employees who made the pizza, and they denied putting laxatives on any pizzas purchased by the public.

    Police said they contacted the restaurant's owner and the Springtown health inspector, who pulled Mr. Jim's health permit. The restaurant will remain closed until it is re-inspected Monday.